Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Intro

Buon Giorno!  


As our departure date for Italy approaches, I thought I would start a blog to keep family & friends updated on our italian adventure & immersion.  Steve is finishing up Italian classes at DLI (Defense Language Institute) and will begin all of his testing at the end of the month.  I have been taking a conversational Italian class on Wednesday nights so I can learn the basics and expand my vocabulary from the current list of spaghetti, gelato, & pizza to more useful words & phrases.  At least I know I won't go hungry! 
I am looking forward to this move as an opportunity to learn the language, embrace the culture, and to enjoy having Steve around.  I cannot believe we are so blessed to have received this exchange tour and a break from the deployment rotation.  It's hard to think about being so far from family, but I can't be anything but thankful for this assignment.  
Our estimated departure date is sometime in the beginning of April.  Yes, in true military fashion, we are still waiting for our orders and don't have the details & dates for the move settled.  So those of you planning your vacations at our italian casa, we will probably not be moving into a house/villa/apartment/condo....whatever we find, until probably the end of May.  


Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment