Saturday, February 5, 2011

Vino bianco

Ieri sera (last night) I had a knock your socks off, Chardonnay.  We met up with some friends in the other Italian class (I’ll explain the classes another time) at The Taste of Monterey for some wine tasting.  I chose to try the Chardonnay & Pinot Noir Flight and here’s how it went:

First the 2009 Muirwood – Zanetta Vinyard Chardonnay  “ Tropical fruit flavors of pear and peach with a creamy oak mouth feel. Vanilla and spice extend through the lingering, viscous finish”  Mio Dio! Stop here; do not pass go, this was fantastico.  I had no interest in trying the rest after just one sip.    But,  I politely went through the rest of the tasting trying to keep an open mind and palate, but nothing came close.  The 2007 J. Lohr – Arroyo Vista Chardonnay, my third tasting, came in second place.  Poor thing, if I had not had the Muirwood I would probably love this one more.  “ Aromas of pear apple and lime custard with flavors of grilled hazelnuts, butter, honey and gun flint that finish with a palate cleansing acidity. “  If you like Cupcake, then you will probably like this one, though it was not oaky.    It was very silky, burroso (resembling butter), yum-o!  I will definitely acquisto a bottle.    
The other wines in the tasting were the 2008 Kali Hart Chardonnay, 2007 Wente Pinot Noir, 2008 Cru Vinyard Montage Pinot Noir, and 2006 Silvestri Pinot Noir.  All central coast wines, of course.  

Mi piace Muirwood!  

No comments:

Post a Comment